Saturday, May 03, 2008

When A Friend Leaves

People come and go from our lives all the time. It's just a fact of life. But when the ones I care about leave is when I realize how much that fact of life sucks.

My friend Kenny moved away this morning to the San Diego and I thought I would write something here in his honor. Kenny not only provided me with some of the best pictures I've posted on this blog in the past year but far more importantly he gave me true friendship that I'll always cherish.

From meeting me at top of the Rockefeller Center Building after I ran up the entire stairwell to the fun we had to exploring NYC to just hanging out watching Project Runway marathons, you were a high point to me this past year (minus the time my train ran over that lady when I was heading into the city to see you).

I don't think we thank out friends enough or tell them how much they mean to us so I want to take this time to say I'll miss you when watching the pups, or The Soup. I'll never look at NYC again without thinking about you.

So thank you for the friendship and smiles. Even though we'll talk on the phone and the computer I'll still miss you my friend.

I wish you all the happiness and successes at what ever you do! I'll see you soon, I promise.

3 comments:

Malady said...

Hi Rick! I like your blog, too! Although I have a lot more to read so far. My best friend is moving at the end of this month and i haven't stopped crying about it.... Anyway, thanks again. : )

p.alan said...

Thank you for sharing that with all of us Rick. So heartfelt and honest...

Ivan Dunn said...

Nice share