Wednesday, May 28, 2008

FOX NEWS 5 NY : HOMOPHOBIA AT IT'S WORSE

I was outraged tonight watching FOX NEWS 5 NY. Several times on their little news briefs they mentioned a shocking song that was being played over the airwaves. Here I am thinking that it must be a song about something horrible like death and violence. During the evening news broadcast they showed the story and it was about a song by Katy Perry called "I Kissed A Girl And Liked It."

Fox covered this story as though it was the most horrible thing for any radio station to play. They never once mentioned all the rap songs that talk about violence to women and police officers. They failed to mention all it was about was affection between two same sexed people. So she kissed a girl and liked it. Hell, maybe more people should kiss out there in the world and maybe things wouldn't be so bad. They showed people saying that it should be taken off the radio. One woman said that she didn't want her kids listening to a song like this and another very ignorant woman who seemed outraged by the song. They never once mentioned that there are women who kiss women in the world or that this song shows the world is moving in a positive direction, away from hate. But no, FOX NEWS 5 NY decided to go in that dark, horrible direction and feed the machine just for a story.

I'm not saying that everyone has to agree or understand the fact that there are millions of gay people on this planet we all share. What I am asking for is that we give people the right to show or sing that gay people exist and are human beings with the will to love and not have to hide it from the world. What FOX NEWS 5 NY did tonight was spread even more homophobia in a world where it's running ramped already.

I am shocked and disillusioned by how bias and negative this story was covered. Guess what FOX NEWS 5 NY.. There's gay people all around you and your viewers so if you really want to shocked look at the person that's standing next to you... you just never know, they might have kissed the same sex before. Oh the scandal. Here are the lyrics they seem to find so horrible and offensive:

I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rick, I love your blog and couldn't agree with you more. Fox lacks the ba$#!
to even include a disclaimer when showing a
nonsensical story such as this 'song' being offensive to ANYONE other than haters and negligeable types whose opinions have no place in print!Shame on Fox, grow a pair, will ya? :)

p.alan said...

Let us not forget, FOX will stop at nothing to sensationalize. The Little Rock Fox channel is not so bad, but I will watch Fox News Channel every once in a while to get a good laugh, but often end up getting mad instead.

I call them Media Whores.